Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a ‚??to-do‚?? list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when it‚??s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Recently Added Resources
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
The National Educational Association of Disabled Students is a consumer organization, with a mandate to encourage the self-empowerment ... More >
Cabinetmakers build, repair, finish and install residential and commercial cabinets (including hardware), wooden furniture and ... More >
- Canadian Dental Association Student Affairs
The Canadian Dental Association's (CDA) Committee on Student Affairs (CSA) is composed of two representatives from each of Canada‚??s 10 ... More >
- Landscape Horticulturist
Landscape horticulturists survey and assess landscape, draw sketches and interpret plans. They construct and maintain gardens, parks, ... More >
- Sheet Metal Worker
Sheet metal workers design, fabricate, assemble, install and repair sheet metal products. In fabrication work, sheet metal workers lay ... More >
- Instrumentation and Control Technician
Instrumentation and control technicians work on measuring and controlling instrumentation. They also service plant process control, ... More >
Plumbers install, repair and maintain plumbing fixtures and systems, including water, steam, chemical, medical gas, process piping, ... More >
- Student Job Bank
Students can search the Student Job Bank to find work opportunities especially for them, or visit their local Service Canada Centre for ... More >