Everyone has different strategies and tips that help them study and complete assignments. Whether you thrive on pressure or carefully plan everything in advance, the tips outlined below will help you achieve your ultimate studying potential.
1. Keep up with your readings and assignments. It can be hard to catch up on previous readings, so do current ones and prepare for mid-terms and assignments all at the same time.
2. Create a â??to-doâ?? list to keep yourself organized and eliminate unnecessary stress.
3. Take careful notes during class. Review or rewrite them after class. Consider recording lectures and listening to them later. Each of these techniques will help you to better retain new information.
4. Study in chunks of 20 to 50 minutes, then take a five-to-ten minute break. This will give your brain time to absorb the information.
5. Give yourself plenty of time to research and write your essays. Get your research done early and outline your ideas so that you will be ready when itâ??s time to write.
6. Ask for help at the library. The staff can teach you research skills that can save you a lot of time! They can also help you find articles online and order-in books and other materials from other libraries to help you with your research.
7. Speak to your teachers and professors! They are there to help you understand the material and offer meaningful insight into your work.
8. Ask someone to review your work before you hand it in. Getting rid of typos and awkward phrasing is an easy way to improve your grades.
Volunteer Centres in Manitoba
Volunteer Manitoba Suite 410-5 Donald Street South Winnipeg, R3L 2T4 Tel: 888-922-4545 Fax: 204-284-5200 www.volunteermanitoba.ca firstname.lastname@example.org More >
Boilermakers construct, install, test, maintain and repair boilers, tanks and other vessels that contain liquids, gases and dry products. These vessels may have unique characteristics. Boilermakers may work from blueprints to fabricate components from steel or other materials. They often have to attach rigging and work with cranes to lift... More >
Aboriginal Job Centre
The Aboriginal Job Centre lists employment opportunities across Canada that are available to Aboriginal people. Listings can be searched by location, job sector, or key word. More >
Grant for Students with Dependants
This grant provides financial assistance to students with dependent children under 12 years of age at the period of study start date. Students who are eligible for the Grant for Students with Dependants may also be eligible for the Grant for Students from Low-Income Families Delivered by: Human Resources and... More >
Machinists possess the knowledge and abilities to set up and operate machines that cut or grind metal and other materials into products with precise dimensions. These machines include lathes, milling machines, saws, grinding machines, drilling machines and boring machines. Machinists work from drawings, specifications and their own measurements to calculate... More >
Sprinkler System Installer
The occupational title "Sprinkler System Installer" defines persons who, because of their knowledge, training and abilities, are capable of installing, testing, maintaining, and repairing fire protection systems. Sprinkler System Installers are usually, but not exclusively, found in industrial, institutional, commercial, and residential situations, such as: plants, factories, office buildings, hotels,... More >
Veterinary Colleges in Canada
The Atlantic Veterinary College University of Prince Edward Island 550 University Avenue Charlottetown, PEI, Canada C1A 4P3 UniversitÃ© de MontrÃ©al 3200, rue Sicotte Saint-Hyacinthe, QuÃ©bec, Canada J2S 7C6 The Ontario Veterinary College University of Guelph Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1 The Western College of Veterinary Medicine University of Saskatchewan Saskatoon,... More >
Heavy Duty Equipment Technician
A heavy duty equipment technician is a tradesperson who possesses the full range of knowledge, abilities and skills required to diagnose, repair, adjust, overhaul, maintain, operate and test mobile heavy duty off-road equipment. Heavy duty equipment technicians are employed by companies that own and operate heavy equipment, heavy equipment dealerships,... More >